- Box 338, Island Park, ID 83429, USA
- (208) 558 - 9366
Sawtelle Mountain Resort is a beautiful Resort and RV Park, nestled in the Pines at the base of famous Sawtelle Peak, in beautiful Island Park Idaho, just a few miles from the West entrance to Yellowstone National Park.
Phone: (208) 558 - 9366
Other Phone: (866) 558 - 9366
Fax: (208) 558 - 9769
Total Sites: 60
Camping Season: All Year
- swimming pool
- lp gas
- modem connection
- sewer hookups
- other swimming
- cable tv
- dump station
- recreation hall
- group area
- phone hookups
Tuesday 01/17/2017 10%
Some clouds this morning will give way to generally sunny skies for the afternoon. High 22F. Winds light and variable.
Wednesday 01/18/2017 10%
Partly cloudy skies during the morning hours will become overcast in the afternoon. High 27F. Winds light and variable.
Thursday 01/19/2017 50%
Cloudy. Snow showers developing in the afternoon. High 29F. Winds light and variable. Chance of snow 50%.
Friday 01/20/2017 50%
Mainly cloudy with snow showers around in the morning. High 28F. Winds light and variable. Chance of snow 50%.
Saturday 01/21/2017 40%
Snow flurries and snow showers. High 28F. Winds light and variable. Chance of snow 40%.
Tell your friends
|Insects and Bugs:|
July 13, 2011
- My family recently stayed at this campground. Between us, we had 2 hotel rooms, 2 RV sites, and 2 tent sites. While we spent the day touring Yellowstone, it rained very hard. We returned to find that our tent site was completely flooded. Our tent was sitting in 4-6 inches of water. When I spoke with a young man at the front desk, I was told there was nothing he could do. My gear was soaked and I was told that it was a natural cause, so they werent responsible. The site, not only had terrible drainage, but had 3 different areas that drained into it (from the RV area, the condos above, and tent spaces). This cant be the first time that area has filled up with water. We were told we wouldnt be refunded our money. We werent even offered a different site. We had to move our stuff to squeeze in with the second camp site.
To take money without providing the service is dishonest and a bad business practice. We paid for a site that was uninhabitable.
- The bathrooms had a sign on the door stating that they bathrooms closed everyday from 9am to 10 am for cleaning. The bathroom was only cleaned once in the 3 days we were there, and even then it was only swept out.
- The pool is an indoor heated pool that was unusable when we were there. Rather than be given straight forward explanations, we were given excuses and a lot of maybe tomorrow.
- The two families that stayed in the hotel rooms, said they were a dump. Travel 20 minutes more to West Yellowstone, and you can get much nicer rooms for less money.
- The 10pm noise ordinance was not enforced. (Loud partying in the condos.)
- Staff: terrible customer service. No help, excuses, did not care about the visitors at all.
We will not be returning to this campground.
Please login to add your review.