- Box 338, Island Park, ID 83429, USA
- (208) 558 - 9366
Sawtelle Mountain Resort is a beautiful Resort and RV Park, nestled in the Pines at the base of famous Sawtelle Peak, in beautiful Island Park Idaho, just a few miles from the West entrance to Yellowstone National Park.
Phone: (208) 558 - 9366
Other Phone: (866) 558 - 9366
Fax: (208) 558 - 9769
Total Sites: 60
Camping Season: All Year
- swimming pool
- lp gas
- modem connection
- sewer hookups
- other swimming
- cable tv
- dump station
- recreation hall
- group area
- phone hookups
Sunday 04/22/2018 20%
Sunny to partly cloudy. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 58F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday 04/23/2018 90%
Cloudy with rain and snow in the morning. Remaining cloudy in the afternoon. Thunder possible. High around 40F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precip 90%.
Tuesday 04/24/2018 0%
A mainly sunny sky. High 53F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday 04/25/2018 0%
Generally sunny despite a few afternoon clouds. High near 55F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday 04/26/2018 0%
A mainly sunny sky. High 59F. Winds light and variable.
Tell your friends
|Insects and Bugs:|
July 13, 2011
- My family recently stayed at this campground. Between us, we had 2 hotel rooms, 2 RV sites, and 2 tent sites. While we spent the day touring Yellowstone, it rained very hard. We returned to find that our tent site was completely flooded. Our tent was sitting in 4-6 inches of water. When I spoke with a young man at the front desk, I was told there was nothing he could do. My gear was soaked and I was told that it was a natural cause, so they werent responsible. The site, not only had terrible drainage, but had 3 different areas that drained into it (from the RV area, the condos above, and tent spaces). This cant be the first time that area has filled up with water. We were told we wouldnt be refunded our money. We werent even offered a different site. We had to move our stuff to squeeze in with the second camp site.
To take money without providing the service is dishonest and a bad business practice. We paid for a site that was uninhabitable.
- The bathrooms had a sign on the door stating that they bathrooms closed everyday from 9am to 10 am for cleaning. The bathroom was only cleaned once in the 3 days we were there, and even then it was only swept out.
- The pool is an indoor heated pool that was unusable when we were there. Rather than be given straight forward explanations, we were given excuses and a lot of maybe tomorrow.
- The two families that stayed in the hotel rooms, said they were a dump. Travel 20 minutes more to West Yellowstone, and you can get much nicer rooms for less money.
- The 10pm noise ordinance was not enforced. (Loud partying in the condos.)
- Staff: terrible customer service. No help, excuses, did not care about the visitors at all.
We will not be returning to this campground.
Please login to add your review.